kensingtonpl Kensington Place Redwood City
Care Manager needed for upscale Assisted Living community specializing in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia located in Redwood City, CA. We are the local leader in service, resources, and staffing with excellent benefits and compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities of Care Manager :
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all times.
- Maintains current knowledge of each resident’s service plan and delivers care and services accordingly. Assists residents in all activities of daily living including bathing, personal grooming, restroom and perineal care, and dressing in a caring and compassionate manner. Monitors resident wellbeing and appearance continuously and assists as needed throughout the day.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in resident suites and obtaining care supplies from the community or family as needed. Folds or hangs clean clothing items and places soiled items in hamper. Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as needed. May be required to remove and clean bedpans and catheter bags.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in room if necessary. Provides assistance to encourage proper nutrition and hydration throughout the day.
- Engages residents in meaningful life enrichment programs.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill :
- Must express a sincere desire to work with individuals living with dementia, and demonstrate an understanding of the uniqueness of each resident.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and proficiently with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and maintain throughout length of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- working with seniors: 1 year
- High school or equivalent