Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
The Care Partner provides direct care to residents in our Haven Memory Care neighborhood, including activities of daily living, therapeutic activities programs, and restorative programs. Assistance may be total, partial, or stand by depending upon physical and cognitive ability of resident.
Availability: Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs; 6:15am-2:30pm, 2:15pm-10:30pm, 10:15pm-6:30am
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates and consistently exhibits behaviors as described in the Kensington promise, core values, and hallmarks of service. Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all times.
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair with the correct use of the transfer techniques if required. Depending on residents’ weight and physical abilities, may require the assistance of another aide or the use of a mechanical lift to move the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provide assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Maintains current knowledge of each resident’s service plan and delivers care and services accordingly. Assists residents in all Activities of Daily living, including bathing, personal grooming, using the bathroom and perineal care, and dressing in a caring and compassionate manner. Monitors resident wellbeing and appearance continuously and assists as needed throughout the day.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or family as needed. Folds or hangs clean clothing items and places soiled items in hamper. Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as needed. May be required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinals catheter bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provides meals in room as required. Provides assistance as needed to encourage proper nutrition and hydration during meals and snacks. Documents as required.
- Engages residents in meaningful life enrichment programs, as guided by Activity Assistants, Memory Care Supervisor, and Memory Care Director.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Documents assistance provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Meets dress code standards: appearance is neat and clean. Maintains good personal hygiene. Abides by safety protocols
- Reports to work as scheduled; minimal absenteeism. Notifies Supervisor in a timely manner if unable to work a scheduled shift.
- Wears identification while on duty uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must express a sincere desire to work with individuals living with dementia, and demonstrate an understanding of the uniqueness of each resident.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from tuberculosis hall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment.
- Have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and maintain throughout length of employment.