Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why Kensington Place? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Dining Server ensures courteous and professional serving of residents and their guests’ meals and for maintaining clean and orderly food service areas. This position is a key person in public relations for the community due to the importance of dining in the daily lives of residents and the direct contact with the residents and guests.
- Attends tasting and menu classes to receive instructions on proper handling, storage, portioning, plating, and serving of food items.
- Performs pre-opening and closing checklist duties including set up of service areas, setting dining room tables, placing menus, refilling supplies, organizing serving utensils, and clearing/stacking of china glass and silver.
- Provides overall supervision of dining operations during meal periods.
- Assists in delivering food to serving areas and coordinating mise en place.
- Presents menu items to diners in a knowledgeable manner, takes orders, plates items, delivers beverages, appetizers, entrees, sides, and deserts in a professional manner. Directs efforts of caregivers in providing meal service.
- Assists residents with special dietary needs as appropriate.
- Maintains diner’s tables by removing used plates promptly, clearing debris, cleaning spills, refreshing beverages, and replenishing condiments as needed.
- Informs supervisory staff of food needs and resident questions and/or concerns that they are unable to answer.
- Participates in setting up, serving and break down of special functions, and maintenance of 24 hour beverage and snack service.
- Performs special duties as assigned such as performing food preparation or utility tasks.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess general knowledge of proper table setting and serving.
- Ability to follow diet instructions and menus.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in a similar position in a retirement living setting is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school education is preferred.
- Certified in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.