Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Availability: Fri-Tues, 3pm-7pm
The Dining Server ensures courteous and professional serving of residents and their guests’ meals and for maintaining clean and orderly food service areas. This position is a key person in public relations for the community due to the importance of dining in the daily lives of residents and the direct contact with the residents and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends tasting and menu classes to receive instructions on proper handling, storage, portioning, plating, and serving of food items.
- Performs pre-opening and closing checklist duties including set up of service areas, setting dining room tables, placing menus, refilling supplies, organizing serving utensils, and clearing/stacking of china glass and silver.
- Provides overall supervision of dining operations during meal periods.
- Assists in delivering food to serving areas and coordinating mise en place.
- Presents menu items to diners in a knowledgeable manner, takes orders, plates items, delivers beverages, appetizers, entrees, sides, and deserts in a professional manner. Directs efforts of caregivers in providing meal service.
- Assists residents with special dietary needs as appropriate.
- Maintains diner’s tables by removing used plates promptly, clearing debris, cleaning spills, refreshing beverages, and replenishing condiments as needed.
- Informs supervisory staff of food needs and resident questions and/or concerns that they are unable to answer.
- Participates in setting up, serving and break down of special functions, and maintenance of 24 hour beverage and snack service.
- Performs special duties as assigned such as performing food preparation or utility tasks.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess general knowledge of proper table setting and serving.
- Ability to follow diet instructions and menus.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in a similar position in a retirement living setting is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school education is preferred.
- Certified in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Interested in joining our Kensington Place Family?
Stop by our in-person job fair to interview with our team!