Kensington Place Redwood City
Dining Server needed for upscale Assisted Living community specializing in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia located in Redwood City, CA. We are the local leader in service, resources, and staffing with excellent benefits and compensation. The Server is responsible to for assisting with the set-up of the dining areas and serving meals to residents.
Duties and Responsibilities of Server:
- Completes set up of the dining areas in preparation for meal periods and events including setting of tables, stocking supplies in side stands, ensuring condiments are refreshed, and carpets and furniture are clean and neatly arranged.
- Attends taste panel meetings daily with culinary staff to be briefed on descriptions of menu items and sample specials and new menu items.
- Greets residents and visitors as they are seated, provides menus, and explains any specials that are available.
- Takes beverage and food orders from residents and visitors and communicates them to the culinary staff. Ensures that dietary restrictions of each resident are adhered to.
- Delivers food and beverages accurately to each table. Monitors beverages and refreshes them as needed throughout the meal. Ensures that the pace of the dining experience meets the needs of the diners.
- Stops back at tables during the meal to ensure that any additional needs are addressed.
- Clears dishes, glassware, and silverware as needed, transports them to the dish room, scrapes plates, and places them in designated spaces in preparation for washing.
- Communicates feedback from diners to the Dining Room Coordinator and the culinary staff.
Knowledge and Skill of Server:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Qualifications of Server:
- Must be able to read and write in English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of three (1) years in similar position, with retirement living or home-care background preferable.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Senior Living: 1 year (Preferred)
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Retirement benefits or accounts