Kensington Place Redwood City
The Director of Life Enrichment is responsible for development, organization, and coordination of property and community resources to provide comprehensive life enrichment services and programs that meet the needs and interests of Memory Care residents. Life enrichment programs are to be balanced across the three domains of Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the life enrichment program. Monitor and adjust staffing levels, life enrichment planning/delivery, and supply inventories to ensure the community meets labor cost, supply cost, and life enrichment goals.
- Gather information about residents interests and needs through participation in the move-in process, regular visits with each resident, discussions with family members, active participation in resident and family council meetings, and coordination with staff members.
- Responsible for the completion of each resident’s Life Story and Move In at a Glance. Coordinate with the Director of Nursing and Memory Care to ensure that personal information is included in the resident individual service plan as appropriate.
- Plan, implement and monitor meaningful group and individual programs and life enrichment for Memory Care residents based on physical and spiritual needs, interests, and imagination of residents and staff. Create and distribute monthly life enrichment calendars to staff, residents and family members.
- Ensures all life enrichment staff develop and lead one-on-one and small, medium, and large group activities. Ensures the proper preparation of rooms, equipment, and supplies prior to each activity and clean up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in life enrichment.
- Ensure that common space that is designated primarily for activity use is well maintained and properly stocked with program supplies and equipment. Ensures that program supplies are organized and readily available for care managers to support pocket programming.
- Coordinates off-site resident outings and ensures that appropriate staff are in attendance to provide transportation, oversight and assistance as needed.
- Direct the process of communicating with residents, families, staff and community via newsletters, calendars, internet, updates, and social/ digital media platforms. Ensure the monthly newsletters, calendars and daily highlights are creative, informative, accurate, and are distributed on time.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments of the community. Cooperate with other departments in meeting the needs of the residents.
- Administers an effective volunteer program. This includes active and selective recruitment, development of volunteers through training and educations, and supervision of the program to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Monitors Quality Indicators and participates in regular reviews to identify improvement opportunities and level of compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations and facility policies. Develops plans and actions to carry out improvements.
- Attend training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Activities: 2 years (Required)
- working with elderly: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associates degree (Preferred)
- Therapeutic Recreation, Music Therapy or Life Enrichment Pro (Preferred)
- CA drivers (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules