Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why Kensington Place? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Benefits (starting at 32 hrs/week):
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Driver is responsible for safely transporting residents, families, and team members to locations outside of the community
- Collaborates with the Department of Nursing Services, Memory Care Director, Activity Assistants, and Lead Concierge to coordinate resident transportation for medical events and outings.
- Safely and lawfully operates motor vehicles that are authorized to transport residents, families and team members. Under no circumstances is a personal vehicle to be used for transporting resident on company business.
- Understands how to fully operate each vehicle and associated equipment s/he is assigned to drive. Is responsible to fill out logs as required, identifies maintenance issues with vehicles, and participates in developing and ensuring effective preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrates patience and good nature when assisting residents with their transportation needs and with other drivers. Assists residents in with mobility and transfers to and from vehicles as needed.
- Ensures that vehicles are kept spotlessly clean inside and out at all times. Completes safety checks before operating company vehicles including but not limited to turn signals, brake signals, lights, windshield wipers, horn, and seat belts.
- Develops clear sense of direction and traffic patterns and demonstrates the ability to reach any location with a minimum of wasted time.
- Embraces the role of ambassador for Kensington Place when s/he is out in the community. Is unfailingly polite and non-aggressive as a driver.
- Maintains a clear driving record with no moving violations.
- Participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Reports any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate safe driving abilities.
- Ability to safe operate vehicle lift equipment.
- Ability to assist residents with transfers in an out of vehicles and with mobility as needed.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in similar position with retirement living or home-care background is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma preferred
- Valid drivers’ license to in accordance with California state law with no moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.