Kensington Place Redwood City
Driver needed for upscale Assisted Living community specializing in caring for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia located in Redwood City, CA. We are the local leader in service, resources, and staffing with excellent benefits and compensation. The Driver is responsible for safely transporting residents, families, and team members to locations outside of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities of Driver:
- Collaborates with the Departments of Nursing Services, Memory Care, Activities, and Concierge to coordinate resident transportation for medical events and outings.
- Safely and lawfully operates motor vehicles that are authorized to transport residents, families, and team members.
- Understands how to fully operate each vehicle and associated equipment designated for the driver. Responsible for filling out logs, identifying maintenance issues, and participating in developing and ensuring effective preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrates patience and good nature when assisting residents and their transportation needs. Assists residents with mobility issues into and out of vehicles as needed.
- Ensures that vehicles are kept clean inside and out always. Completes safety checks before operating any vehicle.
- Maintains a clean driving record with no moving violations.
Qualifications for Driver:
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write in English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in similar position with retirement living or home-care background is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Valid California CLASS B driver’s license with no moving violations within the last 3 years is required.
Job Type: Part-time
- Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL Class B (Required)
Hours per week: