Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why Kensington Place Redwood City? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Salary: Starting at $90,000/year + Benefits
- A community where you’re treated like family!
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Complimentary meals and uniforms
- Career growth and paid training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager of Human Resources & Team Member Services is responsible for establishing and administering key human resources processes and programs including recruitment, orientation, training and professional development, performance management, and compensation/benefits.
- Administers the recruitment process including placing ads/ job opening notices, accepting applications, conducting pre-screening, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks, administering pre-employment testing, executing written job offers.
- Administers training program to ensure that all team members meet training requirements for their position. Updates training requirements for each position, ensures all team members attend required training, resources training materials, and tracks effectiveness of training delivery. Facilitate new team member orientation.
- Administers the team member performance management process including training managers to coach and discipline team members, establishing reward/ recognition programs, administering completion of performance appraisal/improvement reviews, investigating performance problems, managing the “Open Door” communication system, and conducting exit interviews.
- Maintain records of licenses and certifications, including CPR/ First Aid, LPN, C.N.A, RN, Servsafe and others as needed for each department. Alert team members and supervisors of license/ certification expiry dates and update records when dates are renewed.
- Administers team member benefits programs including open enrollment, resolving claims, change reporting, approving payments, and communicating benefit information to team members.
- Assists in developing and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Maintains and distributes team member handbook and HR policies and procedures manual.
- Process staff payroll and maintain accurate payroll records.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action programs. Files EEO-1 reports annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Ensures state and federal regulatory and record keeping requirements are met with regard to fair labor standards, compensation, hiring, and unemployment compensation. Represents the company at hearings with regard to human resources matters.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as required.
- Administers employee appreciation programs including recognition of birthdays, anniversaries, team member of the month awards, publishing stories on team newsletters.
- Attend training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess analytical skills and be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must demonstrate effective negotiation techniques.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and local, state, and federal tax laws.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor and employment practices requirements.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of California.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.