Chef Tony Ng’s Shepherd’s Pie continues to be a crowd-pleaser at Kensington Place, a memory care community in Redwood City! Make sure you read to the bottom since this is a more complex, two-step recipe. Enjoy!
- 5 large potato peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cup of warm milk
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- 1 tea spoon ground black pepper
- Cook potato until nice and soft with 8 cup of water in pot.
- Drain excess water.
- Add above ingredients and mixed and whipped until smooth.
- Start with 1 cup of milk and add as needed. You may not need all 2 cups
- 2 table spoon of oil
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1/4 cup of diced onion white
- 1/4 cup of diced carrots
- 1 table spoon of chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of tarragon
- 1/4 cup of beef stock
- 2 table spoon of white wine
- 1 table spoon of butter
- Get a medium size pot heat and add oil.
- After adding oil gave it about 10 seconds for it to get hot.
- Add first 9 ingredients and sauté for about 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Then add the remaining 3 items and cook for about 15 minute covered.
- In a separate 4 inch baking pan pour meat into the pan then layer the mashed potato on top evenly.
- Put in the oven and baked for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees uncovered.
- Feel free to sprinkle cheese on top before baking.
- Let it cool down and cut into squares.