Ask The Researcher Q&A with Gladstone Institutes Experts
You’re invited to our webinar panel event with Gladstone Institutes, where you can ask our panel of experts questions about Alzheimer’s drug developments and their latest research! Register Here As dedicated
You’re invited to our webinar panel event with Gladstone Institutes, where you can ask our panel of experts questions about Alzheimer’s drug developments and their latest research!
As dedicated leaders in care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of Dementia, Kensington Place and sponsoring partner, Total Care Services, is committed to supporting research towards treatment and cure and making that information accessible to the greater public. In an effort to continually find ways to improve our residents’ quality of life, we have recently partnered with the Gladstone Institutes, a progressive organization that strives to overcome unsolved diseases—including Alzheimer’s—through transformative biomedical research. Hear a caregiver explain steps she took to support her dad after Alzheimer’s disease (AD) diagnosis. Gain insights into challenges to create better treatments. Learn ongoing efforts to develop novel therapeutic strategies to halt and prevent AD as well as other forms of dementia.
- Melanie Das, PhD; Scientist, Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease
- Melanie Das is a scientist who decided to pursue her postgraduate training at Gladstone to help unravel the intriguing roles of immune cells and brain inflammation in AD.
- Susan Evans; Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Advocate and Caregiver
- Susan Evans, a patient advocate and caregiver, is passionate not only about the research that will ultimately make AD a disease of the past, but also about improving the lives of those whose brains and minds are currently being ravaged by this formidable condition.
- Lennart Mucke, MD; Senior Investigator and Director, Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease
- Lennart Mucke, a world-renowned neurologist and neuroscientist, founded the Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease. His main mission is to understand the many causes that contribute to AD and to match its complexity with a multipronged therapeutic approach.
- Moderated By: Robert W. Mahley, MD, PhD, Senior Investigator and President Emeritus, Gladstone Institutes. Robert founded the Gladstone Institutes and is an expert on the most important genetic risk factor for AD.
- We close with Joanne Hubbard, Executive Director of Kensington Place, Positive Approach to Care (PAC) Instructor, who has over 25 years experience empowering seniors to live their best life, upholding their dignity, connecting through meaningful engagement and supporting family and friends.
Much of the program will be devoted to open discussion and to addressing questions posed by participants, so please submit your questions—ideally before the meeting—so we can make sure to address those that matter the most to the largest number of people.
- Please submit your question(s) when you register for the event.
- Once you register you will receive the webinar link to join the event.
If you need more information, just call us at (650) 363-9200.