There are so many great resources available to families considering assisted living for a loved one, or those with specific concerns or conditions. Here is a list of some of the most helpful online resources and organizations.
The references and links below were compiled for the sole purpose of providing additional information to seniors, Kensington Place family members, and friends…
- Alzheimer’s Association – Leading organization on Alzheimer’s that provides referrals, research and support throughout the world. www.alz.org
- American Diabetes Association – A leading non-profit health organization that provides diabetes research, information, and advocacy in the US. www.diabetes.org
- American Heart Association – A national health agency providing research, publications and support in order to reduce the likelihood of disability and death from cardiovascular disease and stroke. www.americanheart.org
- Argentum (formerly knowns as Assisted Living Federation of America) – Argentum is the largest national association exclusively dedicated to professionally-managed, resident-centered senior living communities and the seniors and families they serve. Argentum has advocated for choice, accessibility, independence, dignity, and quality of life for all seniors. argentum.org
- Aging Life Care Association – ALCA (formerly known as National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers) – The ALCA’s goal is to advance professional geriatric care management through education, collaboration, and leadership. www.aginglifecare.org
- Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD) – Non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people affected by Frontotemporal Degeneration and driving research to a cure. www.theaftd.org
- National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization – NHPCO is the largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the United States. The organization is committed to improving end of life care and expanding access to hospice care with the goal of profoundly enhancing quality of life for people dying in America and their loved ones. www.nhpco.org
- National Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc. – This not-for-profit is focused on meeting the needs in the care and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease.www.parkinson.org
- Veterans Affairs (formerly Veterans Administration) – Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for allocating benefits to veterans and their dependents. It contains information on education, compensation, insurance, health and more. www.va.gov
Memory loss is life changing for all involved. At Kensington Place, we provide a state-of-the-art memory care program, a higher staff-to-resident ratio than industry standards, and more advanced care services. Our promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own.
For additional resources regarding your loved one’s condition, please read on about our Memory Care, Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care.